In 1889, Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish author of Treasure Island, purchased this house at the foot of Mt. Vaea.
Stevenson named the place Vailima, meaning “five creeks”.
Here he built his home and spent the last five years of his life.
- Operation hours:
Open eekdays 0900-1530, Saturday 0830-1200, with the last tour commencing 30 minutes before closing. Entry to the museum grounds is free.
Only registered users can send comments.
It's free and it takes only a few seconds!