[Location on map is approximate]
The SMMA concerns itself with a range of activities that include:
- Scientific research on the natural resources of the area.
- Regular monitoring of coral reefs, water quality and other environmental factors and resources.
- Public information and sensitization.
- Provision of facilities for users of the SMMA, e.g. moorings.
- Coordination of economic activities related to the SMMA and its resources.
- Promotion of technologies that are appropriate and linked with local environmental, social and cultural aspects of the SMMA.
- Surveillance and enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Conflict resolution among the various user groups whenever necessary.
- Maintenance of the principles of ongoing participation and public consultation.
Only registered users can send comments.
It's free and it takes only a few seconds!